I have some big news! I have officially started my own business! It’s called Copper Leaf Genealogy. Why the name? At the NGS conference last May, I happened to buy a copper leaf necklace. The necklace is a reminder to me of my new career choice and represents my hopes for my career. So, I named my business with that in mind.
- Create an “elevator pitch” so I have something to go to when people ask me about my business
- Start marketing myself by getting out there and doing some presentations for groups
- Find a professional genealogist mentor
- Continue my own family research with the thought of writing articles on them
- Continue my education by attending conferences, reading journals, etc.
- Begin creating presentations that I can bring to libraries for beginning genealogists
- Continue networking with other genealogists to get ideas and advice from others who have been there
- Continue working toward certification by taking ProGen (still on the waiting list!), writing articles, and doing presentations
Can you believe that this has been just a bit over a year? It was a year earlier this month! There is so much that I have done and learned through this process and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone out there who has read my posts, commented, and given some wonderful advice.
I am looking forward to what will be coming next! 🙂